03/10/2011

Black & White Christmas

Been a while again since I last joined in a challenge (Again!) But as I was making Christmas Cards I thought I may as well join in with the Cupcake Craft Challenge. And a good challenge it is as well!


Had just been upto the craft shop and picked up some stunning vellum with a flourish and holly on it in white glitter. I brought 2 sheets, at £1 a sheet tho! :-/ Instantly, had the light bulb go off in my head for an idea.

   
Black & White Christmas
Only thing I struggled with........ how the hell to you stick vellum to a black background??!! (any tips would be much appreciated!) I have vellum glue but it shows up still... hence the gems! Stuck the gems on, then put little bits of glue under the gems to stick it down.

The sentiment is a Penny Black Stamp, which has been heat embossed as well. Unfortunately though, I couldn't find my white glitter embossing powder. Used silver glitter instead.

I do love a simple, elegant card tho!

Thanks for popping by to take a look.

5 comments:

Judie said...

Great card, I have checked out you blog and found some interesting things. I have become a follower.

Judie

Donna B. said...

This card is beautiful! I think it's a winner!:)

Unknown said...

A very elegant card indeed.....love it. Thank you for joining the Cupcake Craft Challenge. Hope you have a great week crafting. Sandra xxx

Louise said...

Great black and white Christmas card, thanks for joining us at Cupcake crafting this week
Hugs louise xx

Unknown said...

Absolutly adorable x-mas card! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine!

Something New

Good Morning..  Hope you all had a great christmas & fab new year too.  We are finally back with a new challenge over at My Time ...