04/12/2013

Green with Snowflakes

Afternoon peeps! 

Whilst my internet is deciding to play along, I thought I'd write this post up. 

I don't know about you, but when I started doing this card I thought "Why did I offer to do this?!" I had a complete mind blank, specially with it being for a mate's mom which is off him!! Eeeeek! After much deliberation, I finally have something that I'm happy with....

Full Card
Originally, I wanted to do the card white with white glitter but you might know that the glittered snowflake vellum wouldn't show up! Grrr... I thought about the other usual christmas colours but I wasn't happy with any of them. Then I came across this green mirror card. Sorted. Finally I could use the vellum that's benn sat in my drawer for over a year! I've stitched the vellum to the green as to not have any glue marks. The ribbon is also stitched to the card with the bow being attatched by a brad. Got to add a little bit of bling. The snowflakes and flowers are die cuts with the leaves being punched out of the green card, white card and vellum. A couple of hat pins and some gems and finished. 

Here's a few more pics...

Flowers & Leaves

Snowflakes
 I think really that the snowflake should have been bang in the corner but beggars can't be choosers! 

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

1. Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
2. Oldie but a Goodie - Ribbon and/or Lace
3. Creative Craft - Non-traditional Christmas Colours

Thanks for popping by! 

No comments:

Something New

Good Morning..  Hope you all had a great christmas & fab new year too.  We are finally back with a new challenge over at My Time ...