12/10/2012

Ruby Anniversary

Afternoon..

Right, where to start... Oh yes, the order that I'm about to blog about.....
Now, I'm not one to really make cards from toppers, but when my mate asked if I could make her Mum & Dad's Ruby Anniversary card, from her, I said "Sure, why not" Had a lot of ideas flying round my head, but then my mate said "I've got a topper" Well... woah! Safe to say, I don't like toppers. I find that sometimes you are limited with colours n patterned papers that you can use.. But, after receiving the topper, all was not lost. I'm happy with the end result anyway :) 

Wanted to do, let's say... not a normal shaped card, well, the topper wouldn't have fit anyways! So, I went with an 8" by 8" scallop edged card and an A4 box! 

So, without much more rambling, here is the finished card:


I'm going to enter this into the Simon Says Stamp Challenge which is 

USE DIES and/or PUNCHES

So, my punched items are the leaves and hearts and my die items are the swirl and "40" number.
Think I've rambled on enough now.... 

2 comments:

Heather said...

A stunning card Jo, your design and colours are fantastic, your image is beautiful and so classy.

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge.

Mandy said...

Hey hunny :)
Beautiful card Jo, the topper is gorgeous hun, you've made such a pretty and elegant card with it.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Something New

Good Morning..  Hope you all had a great christmas & fab new year too.  We are finally back with a new challenge over at My Time ...