05/10/2011

Christmas Candle

Before
Altered a candle today, was hard work I will tell you! Well, not so much the candle but the tube was.... tip: Buy a tube rather than trying to make one! ha! 

So the pic to the left is the before picture, bog standard black candle. Funnily enough I think i'm going through a black & white phase with christmas cards, so thought would carry the theme on :)

Candle, tube & top
A cheeky lil photo of the candle, tube and top. 

The top is made out of card, but I tell you, a nightmare to make! Made the shapes using my nesties tho. Used the 3rd biggest circle so that I had a kind of "lip" for the acetate tube to sit up against. Then used the largest scallop to make the actual base/top. Stuck the circle to the underside of the scallop and cut upto the circle at 2 scallop intervals. Added sticky tape and pushed up onto the actual tube. It does stick but I added curling ribbon just to reinforce it.
For the tube I used acetate and dst to stick it together. I should have added the eyelets before I put the tube together! 

Candle
So the candle itself then. Was completely black but I decided to add some glittery bits. The candle was completely covered with tissue paper with glittery swirls on it. Heat it up and away you go! Although I always manage to get it not smooth, but hey ho, cuz you can't see it anyways! 

Added the ribbon and the sentiment. the sentiment is a stamp by Penny Black, "Christmas isn't under a tree, Christmas is in your heart." 
Stuck the sentiment and added a ribbon bow and pins. The bow has writting on it which says "happy christmas" in silver writing. And the pins I cheated with! I only had pearl ones left and wanted to add another colour, tip: colour them with pro-markers! Works wonders! The pins are literally stuck into the foam pad behind the sentiment. Added a few gems along the bottom of the sentiment and along the ribbon to finish off. Also added a white ribbon bow to the top as well.

So the end result in the tube is this:

Candle in tube
A real long post from me, I'm now going for a lie down! ha! 

Thanks for popping by. hope you enjoyed the read :)

No comments:

Something New

Good Morning..  Hope you all had a great christmas & fab new year too.  We are finally back with a new challenge over at My Time ...